My friend suggested a couple of weeks ago that maybe my luck had changed as I got a good camper van exactly what I wanted! Well, she spoke to soon.
I am all packed and ready to load the car up in the morning to drive to Poole where I am staying overnight before I catch the ferry early Monday morning to Jersey. Not been to Poole so planned to have a look about while there and have something to eat in the evening.
Then at 3.45 today I receive this email.
***We regret to advise that due to weather conditions, your departure from POOLE to JERSEY at 0800 for the 11th Sept has been cancelled. Please call 0345 for alternatives or visit Condor Ferries for more info***
Ok I will ring them and change booking, easily sorted! Oh no, no one answers any of the phone numbers or extensions.
I will amend the booking on-line, my booking is not in ‘my bookings’! I tweet them and they reply with another wrong number then a correct number that no one answers. I am by this time losing the will to live. I have places booked and paid for in Poole and Jersey to stay at, what to do? I see there is another ferry on Wed that hopefully I can get on so I contact the places I have booked and ask for the later dates, they are ok with that, I will have to change rooms half way through in Jersey but that’s ok.
So all I have to do now is wait until the ferry company decide to answer their phone! Still waiting, think I will give up and try in the morning. Very fed up!